Graduate Group in Computer Science
The Graduate Group in Computer Science (GGCS) offers strong research programs in a variety of core and applied CS areas, and provides students access to faculty outside the computer science department and intellectual freedom to transcend disciplines and areas of research.
The graduate application for Fall 2016 is now closed. The application for Fall 2017 will open in October 2016.
Why come to UC Davis for graduate study in Computer Science?
- Have an internationally renowned research program, ranked 30th in the world by ARWU
- Are composed of a diverse Graduate Group in Computer Science and student population representing many different backgrounds, cultures and perspectives
- Provide financial support to almost all our full-time PhD students
- Offer interdisciplinary research opportunities through campus-wide initiatives and national collaborative research projects
- Are close to Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area, leading to tremendous internship and job opportunities for our students
You will enjoy:
- The beautiful weather of California
- The safe and pleasant City of Davis, sometimes called the Bicycle Capital of America
- A nurturing environment and a serene atmosphere
- Fabulous recreation opportunities including the Sierra mountains, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, San Francisco, the Pacific Coast, Redwood forests, and more!
What our graduates have said:
“Other things that appealed to me were having great people to work with, a wonderful culture to work in, and that I had a heck of a lot of fun. There’s a sense of excitement and innovation at UC Davis that one may not appreciate without having seen what it’s like at other places.”
“I’d mention the excellent seminars available not only via the CS department, but from math, MIND, etc. I saw some really fascinating talks in the last few years. While we could always go more, Davis brings so many great speakers to campus.”
“People show lots of respect when they know you have an MS/PhD from UCD.”