Computer Science

Change of Major and Double Major in CSE

Change of Major

Students that are considering switching to Computer Science and Engineering in the College of Engineering must have completed ECS 30, MAT 21ABC, PHY 9A, and CHE 2A, all with a C- or better.

Additionally, University requirements state that all students considering switching their major must have completed at least one quarter at UC Davis, as well as be in good academic standing.

Students must then make an appointment with one of the major advisers using the Advising Appointment System to make a course plan.

Double Major

Students must complete ECS 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 before attempting to declare a double major in CSE. After these courses have been completed, students must also obtain an academic plan that has been approved by the major advisers of both majors. Students must also have a grade of C- or better in any engineering course, not just those that will be used in satisfaction of degree requirements.

After the academic plan has been approved, students may submit the Change of Major form on OASIS to add the second major.