New Undergraduate Curriculum Changes
- New Linear Algebra and Differential Equation courses. Effective immediately, CS and CSE will be accepting MAT 27A as an alternative option for MAT 22A. MAT 27B is an alternative option for MAT 22B.
- New prerequisite for ECS 140A. Beginning Fall 2019, ECS 140A will have ECS 150 as a prerequisite. There is now a prerequisite chain of ECS 154A ->ECS 150 ->ECS 140A ->ECS 160. Please plan accordingly to ensure you have the appropriate prerequisites completed prior to signing up for the above courses.
- New pass restrictions for ECS 188. Beginning Spring 2019, ECS 188 will be Pass 1 restriction to Computer Science and Engineering majors and Pass 2 restricted to Computer Science and Engineering and Computer Science majors. Exceptions will not be made for these restrictions.
- The new placement exam is now live. Students interested in taking ECS 36A (formerly ECS 30) in the fall must take the placement exam or get a C- or better in ECS 32A or 10. The exam is open from May 1 – September 24, 2019. For more information and the link to the exam, please go here. Students interested in changing their major or minoring should see the page above regarding the new lower division courses before deciding to take the placement exam.
- The Computer Science Department will be receiving additional advising support from the Engineering Undergraduate Office beginning Spring Quarter 2018. This will affect how the department handles major advising hold appointments. All CS/CSE First-years, Sophomores, and Juniors with major advising holds will need to book their hold appointment with Lili Mirshahzadeh in the Engineering Undergraduate Office. All CS/CSE Seniors will continue to book their hold appointments with the Computer Science department. All hold appointments can be booked by going to appointments.ucdavis.edu and selecting the appropriate department calendar listed above.
- New science series requirements will begin Fall 2018. Students will be able to take any 3 course combination from the BIS 2 series, CHE 2 series, and PHY 9 series. For more details, please see the general catalog or our updated checklist.
- Beginning Winter 2019 – ECS 36C will be adding ECS 20 as a prerequisite.
- Second Bachelor’s closing for CSE. Effective immediately, CSE will no longer be accepting second bachelor’s applications.
- Change of major GPA requirement increase for CSE. Beginning Fall 2018, all students planning to change their major to CSE will need a UC GPA of 3.0.
- Change of major requirement for Transfer students. Students must have completed all transfer admission course requirements for the intended major, and must have received at least a 2.000 (2.800 for Biomedical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering) GPA or higher in these courses, and have received a C- or better in each of these courses. Transfer admission course requirements can be found here:https://www.ucdavis.edu/admissions/transfer/major-requirements-college-engineering.