Welcome to the Department of Computer Science at the University of California, Davis. Our mission is:
- To advance the research frontiers of computer science
- To produce outstanding computer science professionals
- To disseminate computer science knowledge to students in other disciplines, and
- To reach out both within and beyond the university community to apply computing principles to the solution of important technical and societal challenges
The department offers a Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Ph.D. in Computer Science. Currently, we have approximately 1100 undergraduate majors and 230 graduate students working towards their degrees. Our department has more than 30 faculty members, who are among the world’s leaders in research in:
- Architecture and Distributed Systems
- Artificial Intelligence (including Machine Learning, NLP, Vision)
- Graphics and Visualization
- Programming Languages
- Scientific Computing
- Software Engineering
Department researchers are actively engaged in interdisciplinary research collaborations in diverse areas including biomedical computing, computational science and engineering, genomics, technology in the arts, and transportation systems.
We are committed to the highest quality undergraduate and graduate classroom teaching and to developing strong high-impact research programs to produce talented, well-rounded individuals in the discipline.
I encourage you to look at our program to see some of the cutting edge research in which we are involved. We hope that you visit us often.
Professor and Chair
Department of Computer Science
University of California, Davis