Becoming a Student Volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software engineering. It is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world and to offset some of the costs of the conference!
If you are an undergraduate, graduate, or PhD student and would like to apply and join the volunteer team, please submit an application using the following form. Notifications will be sent out prior to the early registration deadline.
- Complimentary student registration to the main conference, as well as the ability to attend the sessions that you have been assigned to.
- Networking opportunities with international SE researchers, practitioners, and fellow students.
- Coffee breaks, lunches, and conference banquet tickets
- Conference T-Shirt
(Travel and accommodation costs are not included. We encourage all students to apply for financial assistance through the SIGSOFT CAPS program: http://www.sigsoft.org/resources/caps.html)
- Approximately 20 hours of work in total during the week of the conference
- Technical assistance to speakers and conference participants
- Help conference speakers and participants be where they need to be
- Help at the registration desk and checking badges for entry to events
- Preparing conference bags, and general assistance
Availability between November 13 and November 18 , 2016 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days of the pre/post conference program. Not all volunteers will be required during the entire conference, and we can take this information into account during selection.
- Enrollment as a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference
- Proficiency in English
- Complete the online application form at http://goo.gl/forms/iXqx3eEfVBUvDF732
- Send your CV via email to the Student Volunteers chair, email@example.com, with the subject “FSE 2016 SV Application for <Student Name>”.
- Arrange for a note of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty member at your institution. This must be emailed to the Student Volunteers Chair firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject “FSE 2016 SV Reference for <Student Name>”) by the faculty reference you indicate in the application form.
- Deadline for the application and reference letters: August 1 2016
- Notification date: August 25, 2016
We encourage all students to apply for financial assistance through the SIGSOFT CAPS program: http://www.sigsoft.org/resources/caps.html
Student Volunteers Chair
Roshanak Roshandel (Seattle University), email@example.com