Prospective Graduate Students
The graduate application for Fall 2019 has closed. The application for Fall 2020 will open in October 2019.
The Graduate Group in Computer Science (GGCS) offers strong research programs in a variety of core and applied CS areas. We offer two graduate degree programs, an MS and a PhD program. Through these programs, we provide students access to faculty outside the computer science department, and the intellectual freedom to transcend disciplines and areas of research.
Why come to UC Davis for graduate study in Computer Science?
- have an internationally renowned research program, ranked 30th in the world by ARWU
- are composed of a diverse faculty and student population, representing many different backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives
- provide financial support to almost all our full-time PhD students
- offer interdisciplinary research opportunities through campus-wide initiatives and national collaborative research projects
- are close to Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area, leading to numerous internship and job opportunities for our students
You will enjoy:
- the beautiful weather of California
- the safe and pleasant City of Davis, sometimes called the Bicycle Capital of America
- a nurturing environment and a serene atmosphere
- fabulous recreation opportunities nearby, including the Sierra Nevada mountains, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, San Francisco, the Pacific Coast, and more!
What have our graduates said?
“Other things that appealed to me were having great people to work with, a wonderful culture to work in, and that I had a heck of a lot of fun. There’s a sense of excitement and innovation at UC Davis that one may not appreciate without having seen what it’s like at other places.”
“I’d mention the excellent seminars available not only via the CS department, but from the mathematics department, the MIND Institute, and so on. I saw some really fascinating talks in the last few years. Davis brings so many great speakers to campus.”
Interested in applying?
See our page for prospective graduate students for application information.
New Graduate Students
See our page for new graduate students on what to do after you have been admitted.
Current Graduate Students
See our page for current graduate students for more information.