If you are interested in applying for a graduate double major with Computer Science as the second major, read the below in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Current double major students do not need to reapply.
One Quarter in Residency
You must complete at least one quarter at UC Davis before initiating this process. According to Graduate Studies policy, “graduate students may not change their major during their first quarter of enrollment as a graduate student at UC Davis.” If you are a first quarter student, your application will not be accepted.
Students must also complete the following courses and obtain a grade of an A or higher:
- ECS 201A
- Either (ECS 220) or (ECS 222A)
These courses must be completed and the grade posted before submitting the application. If you do not have the requisite grades in the preparatory coursework, your application will not be accepted.
If you have met the above requirements, you must submit your application for the graduate double major with Computer Science. Submit the following documents as a complete package to the department office in 2063 Kemper:
- Petition for Change of Graduate Major, Degree Objective, or Double Graduate Major
- The form must be filled out in its entirety.
- Mark “double major” and that you intend to complete your current degree objective.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One must be from a faculty member in your current program here at UC Davis.
- The other must be from a computer science faculty member here at UC Davis.
- Copies of all GRE scores submitted with your admission application to your current program.
- (international students only) Copies of all TOEFL and IELTS scores submitted with your admission application to your current program.
Packages must be stapled and submitted as a complete packet. Incomplete packages with documents missing will not be reviewed. Once a complete packet is submitted, please allow 1-2 weeks for faculty to review your application. Decisions will be sent via email.