Students may exercise the Pass/No Pass grading for General Education (GE) courses or unrestrictive electives taken outside the College of Engineering, up to 16 units.

No course that appears on a list of degree requirements or could potentially be used to satisfy a requirement can be taken under a P/NP grading option unless the requirement has already been satisfied for students in the College of Engineering.

Students pursuing a Computer Science and Engineering degree may use courses offered on a P/NP basis only (i.e. cannot be taken for a letter grade) towards GE requirements. Courses that may be repeated for credit can only be used towards GE once.

For more information, see the College of Engineering’s website.