Here is a summary of what you should know for the midterm:
Here is the Practice midterm.
- Linear interpolation on a line.
- Parametric representation of a line through two points.
- Implicit representation of a line through two points.
- Distance of a point from a line through two points.
- Normal vector to a line.
- Barycentric coordinates with respect to a triangle.
- Bilinear interpolation on a quadrilateral.
- RGB colors - recognize them, know what happens when you linearly interpolate between them.
- Texture mapping and texture coordinates.
- 2D transformation matrices.
- Products of matrices and how to interpret them a) as motions in a local ("turtle") coordinate system, or b) as motions in a global ("outside observer") coordinate system.
- 3D transformation matrices.
- OpenGL MODELVIEW matrix and commands glRotate, glTranslate and glScale.
- Z-buffering. Why it's done, how it's done.
- Bezier curves - blending functions of degree 2, deCasteljau algorithm, understand curves of degree 3 and higher.