- 3/31: Introduction to class,
sea ice project, secant polar stereographic projection.
Before next class: Read the begining of chapter 2 in the book,
pages 13-20, and the begining of chapter 3, pages 39-52.
- 4/2 More on polar stereographics projection, texture mapping.
End of chapter 2, including texture mapping. Pages 20-37.
- 4/4End of texture mapping, beginning of contours.
Beginning of chapter 5, pages 129-140.
- 4/7 More on contours.
- 4/9 Trasparency, blending and texturing.
OpenGL Programming Guide, Chapter 6, section on Blending, and Chapter 9, section on Texture Functions.
- 4/14 Class cancelled.
- 4/16 Ray tracing, volumes, back-to-front compositing.
Beginning of Chapter 10 through 10.2.1. 10.2.6 contains a justification of
the compositing function, which we did not cover.
- 4/18 Front-to-back compositing, Phong lighting model.
Homework 1 passed out, will be due 4/23 (Wds).
- 4/19 Picnic day! Demonstrate Sea Ice projects.
- 4/21 Texture slicing.